Life happens in the living room, and your sofa is often the center of family activity. Because it’s so important, it needs to fit your lifestyle and your home. Make sure that you get the right Sofa Wichita KS by avoiding five common sofa-shopping mistakes.
- Don’t buy an upholstered sofa in a fabric you don’t absolutely love. Many times, people get tired of looking at busy stripes, plaids and florals. A sofa is a significant investment–choose wisely, because you’ll have it for years.
- Don’t pick high-maintenance fabric. Kids spill things, dogs and cats shed fur, and accidents happen. You’ll need a sofa that can keep up with your family. Don’t buy a sofa upholstered in fabric you’ll have to clean frequently (unless you live alone).
- Don’t buy a Sofa In Wichita KS that you would be reluctant to sleep on. You won’t know if a couch is right for you unless you use it as you normally would. Sit or lie on it in your preferred position, and see how it feels. If you prefer your easy chair and other members of your family end up on the sofa, ask their opinion before buying.
- Don’t get a sofa that does not fit your home. Decide where you will place your new sofa, and consider your home’s architecture while doing so. If you plan to put it in front of a window, you might buy a low-backed sofa to preserve your view. You should also consider the scale of your room.
- Don’t pass on a Sofa Wichita KS because it looks “boring”. Your couch doesn’t have to be the focal point of your room; if you don’t plan to buy another sofa in the foreseeable future, get one in a neutral color. You can experiment with throw pillows and cozy blankets, which are inexpensive enough to change with the seasons.
New sofas vary in quality and price and you can expect to pay between $500 and $2000. If your budget is tight, you can often find great deals at clearance centers, or buy a floor model from a furniture store. Buy the highest-quality Sofa Wichita KS you can afford, because a sofa can last for up to twenty years.